At first, I ask myself how or what do I feel about this milestone in my child's life? To be honest... I'm experiencing fear and anxiety, that's why I try not to communicate this uneasiness to my child.
On the first day of school of my daughter, parents were asked to sit in on classroom sessions to observe not only what the children are learning but whether they seem to enjoy learning. Gradually I began to feel better about entrusting my child to the care of others. And once I believe school is going to be an exciting experience, there's a good chance that my daughter will feel the same way.
They say: Don't be too concerned if, in spite of your best efforts, your child cries and refuses to leave your side the first day of school while another youngster dismisses his or her parent with a wave of the lunch box. Clinging and crying are healthy coping mechanisms in very young children, so try not to overreact. Most concerned teachers will allow you to stay in the classroom for awhile. Gradually lessen the amount of time you stay, but don't sneak out when you leave; it may make your child feel abandoned and unloved.
As my observation for six days in sending my daughter to school, I realized that not all children will enter school with complete comfort. Starting school is one of the earliest and most challenging goodbyes between a child and parent. This new challenge can increase a child's feeling of self-confidence and security. It can also strengthen a child's emotional health, which is as important.
No comments:
Post a Comment