September 13, 2007

'Oh my god'...Is this an earthquake?

Last night, while we are enjoying our dinner, we felt some shaking. At first we thought it was nothing but suddenly my husband told us to hold still and observe our surroundings. We were scared to see that the things on top of the table were shaking, even the window blinds were swaying though there was no wind.

We ask ourselves, 'Is this an earthquake?'. My husband told us to stay put while he went to the window to look outside. That time I was so scared. I'm afraid that our floor will collapse since we are located near the top of our building (10th floor). The 1st thing I want to do is to go down the building and go somewhere safe. I think the earthquake lasts for like 4-5 mins, I'm not exactly sure.

I thought that was the last of it. But again this morning, while I was in our bedroom I felt the building shake again. Then I thought 'Oh my god! This is stronger than last night!'. My husband was already gone for work so I was left alone with my sleeping daughter. I was so scared that time. I wake up my daughter and hold her tight. We stay besides the wall and wait for the shaking to end. But thank God, the shaking eventually stops. I think this one lasted around 5-8 mins. But I was still thankful that God did not allowed something terrible to happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070913/ap_on_re_as/indonesia_earthquake
http://beta.malaysia.news.yahoo.com/cna/20070913/tap-299419-231650b_1.html

No comments: