March 13, 2008

My Adventure Of Being A Mother To My Daughter Marielle

Motherhood is an adventure. Definitely it’s been an exciting one, filled with new discoveries. Sometimes like a roller coaster ride, there will be ups and downs. Ups can be anything from a simple smile to a developmental milestone, first witnessed by me. When downs happen, I remind myself that no mum is a natural. We learn as we go along.

In my phiIosophy of mothering, I believe in talking to her often and explaining things to her. And to keep myself from going crazy from the stresses of motherhood, I mean I'm still stressed up! No, just kidding. It's important to relax and spend time away from your child, but the only way I could have peace of mind when I’m away from her, is to find someone I totally trust to take care of her.


Increasingly, people have been telling me she looks like her dad. So, I think she takes after her daddy: She used to resemble me. I think that goes for her personality too. She has her father's stubbornness. I'm the cautious type. I think before I leap. And I hope that she would not inherit from me or my husband,
Our temper!

I totally agree that motherhood pushes your limits and challenges you to be a better person that you were before. So far, I have been pleasantly surprised with the changes I've seen in myself, some were changes I never expected, like my patience. And I think this adventure will never end. Because I think it's going to get better and easier…with the second, third and fourth one. I believe that at every stage of a child's life, there will be new challenges and new learning opportunities for a parent, but since it’s so exciting and enjoyable, I’m not complaining!

2 comments:

C.A. aka "t'que" said...

totoo lahat yan sis, kaya enjoy lang ang byahe sa pagiging nanay! i've been a mom for 8 yrs now!

Sweetiepie said...

hello my dear thanks for dropping by. good morning to you!!!