Medium: Fibreglass propeller with steel pipe pedestalAbout The Art
Daisy celebrates Singapore's significance in international air and sea travel. This is symbolised by the Daisy's propeller which is a central element of both air and sea travel. Its visual resemblance to a flower in bloom serves to highlight the tropical richness of Singapore's flora.
Daisy is an interactive installation marrying a fibreglass ship propeller and a high-precision industrial robotic arm. Light-sensors mounted along its 13 meter height sense the presence of onlookers and enable Daisy to move interactively in accordance to the movements of the onlookers.

9 comments:
I always stare at this windmill like structure when I'm at T3. Doesn't really move cause of the air conditioning indoors. But still pretty to look at :)
Have a good week ahead :)
That's an interesting view. Thanks for the explanation. Poetic!
It's a pretty windmill where my summer school students love to have their farewell photos taken. :)
I haven seen that in T3. Will keep a lookout for it the next time I"m there!
fab shot!have a great week ahead ^_~.
i've always found changi airport to be intersting. it's the one airport where one probably wouldn't mind having to deal with a delayed flight. :D
The Stove
Stalking the Bees...Again!
now that is one smart flower! thank you so much for sharing and for the visit. see you next weekend!
cute! have a great week ahead.
we're hoping to see T3 when we visit singapore in january. we miss changi! ha ha
Post a Comment