Today was another busy day for me. My hubby celebrated his 27th birthday and we decided to invite some of his officemates to our house and serve Filipino foods. We chose to prepare Kare-kare, Kaldereta, Sinigang na Hipon and Leche Flan for dessert. I slept very late last Thursday preparing the ingredients so that on I could readily use them the next day. We also made the Leche Flan (there were three small trays) last Thursday night and serve them to our guest chilled.
This morning I woke up a bit late than usual. Just needed more sleep to have enough strenght to last the whole day. I prepared the Kaldereta first and after around lunch cooked the Kare-kare. After resting for a bit, we went to Lau Pa Sat to pickup the Pansit Palabok we ordered from Jolly-V food stall. It was a bit heavy, i think it was good for 15 persons or more.
I met up with my hubby at Hougang MRT for him to carry the heavy load. He was already with 3 of his officemates. One of them hold the Palabok tray while we bought some drinks from the supermarket.
When we arrived home, I immediately prepared and put the foods on the table so that the guess can eat already. Not a lot of people attend, only 5 of his officemates were able to come. But it was still very fun, we took turns playing racing, tennis, bowling and other party games on my hubby's Nintendo Wii console. At most, 4 people can play together that's why it was very fun.
It was very exhausting doing all those stuffs, it was well worth the effort. After all it was for my hubby's birthday and I also enjoyed everything that I did, how tiring as it may seem. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment